The Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance (MITA), a division of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), is a full service trade association. As a member, you are eligible to take advantage of services from all of our core departments:
technical services for coordination and guidance on standardization, business information services for expertise on statistical data about the medical device industry and its various products and the government relations department for information
on federal and state legislation and regulations.
"MITA is a champion for the medical imaging industry in Washington, D.C. From standing down threats as diverse as the medical device tax to cuts to Medicare reimbursement, MITA's effective government relations advocacy team is fighting for the best interests
of our businesses on Capitol Hill in light of very complex healthcare challenges."
- Nelson Mendes, CEO, Ziehm Imaging
MITA provides leadership for the medical imaging industry on legislative and regulatory issues at the state, federal and international levels. It serves as an advocate for fair legislative and regulatory proposals that encourage innovation, investment
in research and development and the continued global competitiveness of the medical imaging industry.
- Benefits of Full Membership
- Lobbying services (federal, state and foreign governments)
- Policy analysis
- Development of industry position
- Networking opportunities within the section product groups
- Technical services (development of codes, standards and conformity assessment policy)
- Trade and market access issues assistance in Europe, Latin America, India, China, and other key trading areas
- Access to market intelligence
- Special discount on Hay Group non-consulting services
- NEMA Strategic Initiatives
- NEMA CORE
Complimentary subscriptions to:
- MITA Minute
- NEMA Intelligence Portal
- electroindustry (ei), an award winning bi-monthly magazine
- eiXtra, a biweekly e-newsletter
- Electrical Standards and Product Guide (ESPG), which include a free listing in product areas
Discounted member rates on the following products and services:
- Advertising in ei , eiXtra, ESPG and on our website
- Annual meetings
- NEMA/BIS, a full service economic and market research consulting service
- Job postings on eicareers.org
- Associate Membership Program
“MITA’s ongoing exemplary work with government agencies to minimize bureaucratic obstacles enables us to meet our business objectives. In addition, MITA’s experienced government affairs team ensures that voices of radiopharmaceutical
manufacturers are heard clearly by Congress and the Administration.”
— Thomas H. Tulip Ph.D, President, FluoroPharma Medical, Inc.
How to Apply
To apply for MITA membership, please fill out the Online Membership Application.
Request More Information
For more information on membership, please contact Patrick Hope.