Governing the use of MedicalImaging.org website.
NEMA does not sell or release personal information and will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information to any third party without first receiving your permission.
Because your privacy is important to us, NEMA operates according to the following guidelines, and requires any third-party service provider to do the same.
Collecting personal information
- NEMA will explicitly notify you when information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you (“personal information”) is needed. This information is typically requested when registering on the website or when requesting a particular service, such as customized information, or access to NEMA Forums (Webboards). When possible, NEMA will provide a method to make sure that your personal information is correct and current.
- Cookies are files stored on your hard drive that contain information about you and your preferences. For example, a cookie might record which pages within the site you visited, to help NEMA customize the view for you the next time you visit.
- Only the information that you fill in or otherwise provide can be stored in a cookie. For example, the NEMA site will not have (or be able to record) your e-mail address unless you choose to type it. By allowing the NEMA site to create a cookie, you are not giving NEMA or any other site access to the rest of your computer. Cookies created by visiting the NEMA site can only be read by the NEMA site.
- It is standard in the web industry to use “cookies,” and many major sites use them to provide useful features for their visitors. “Cookies” themselves do not identify individual users, although they do identify a user’s computer.
- Most browsers are initially set to accept “cookies.” If you’d prefer, you can set yours to refuse “cookies.” However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a NEMA’s website if you do so. For example, a cookie can be set to “remember” your user name and password so that you don’t have to log in each time you access a NEMA forum.
Use of personal information
- NEMA uses your personal information to provide customized information and services and to inform you of new features, services, and products from NEMA.
- The NEMA site uses your personal information to operate the site and to deliver services. For example, if you are using NEMA Forums, a completed password application may be forwarded to the Section Manager.
- NEMA sites also use your personal information to inform you of other products or services available, including related standards, electrical products, and information guides.
- You may check the “NEMA Personal Information Center” to view, edit, or delete your information. This new service allows you to delete your personal information from NEMA’s database.
- The NEMA site and NEMA’s service partners use your personal information to operate the site, provide services, and inform you of new features, services, and products from NEMA and its affiliates. NEMA carefully selected other companies to send you information about their products or services that are related to the site’s service but are not necessary to its operation (a “secondary use”), only upon your explicit request.
a. NEMA does not sell personal information. However, NEMA may partner with businesses to provide special services to our members. This type of use of personal information is called a “secondary use” because it is not necessary to the operation of the business or site. For example, a site may offer discount coupons for services or related products. In many cases these discounts would be an added benefit.
b. If a NEMA site page proposes to make a secondary use of your personal information, you will see instructions on how to decline this service. You may also stop the delivery of future informational or promotional mail from NEMA sites by following the instructions on the mail sent to you.
Disclosure of personal information
- NEMA may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on NEMA or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of NEMA, the site or the users of NEMA, and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the NEMA site or the public.
- The NEMA site may have several necessary service partners who assist in providing the service or product associated with the site. As part of the operations of the site, these companies may have access to your personal information. These companies may provide routine services, such as credit card processing, or may provide essential elements of the site. Without this relationship the NEMA partner could not provide its service to you. These uses of personal information are primary to the operation of the site and are not considered secondary uses.
a. These service partners must also adhere to these privacy guidelines, and will not have permission to sell (or make any other use of) your personal information.
- If at any time you believe that a NEMA site has not adhered to these guidelines, please notify NEMA by email and we will make reasonable efforts to determine and correct the problem in a timely manner.
- NEMA is committed to maintaining its position as a premier electroindustry information resource. As our site continues to develop, we may add new services and features to our website. In the event that these additions affect our Privacy Statement, this document will be updated appropriately.